Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sleep Well, Live Well

Over a prolonged period of time, sleep deprivation becomes chronic which may lead to serious medical conditions including obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and even early death. Although, those staying up late night - watching TV, staying out merry making or staying busy with computers are actually the most unfortunate vulnerable ones, yet they generate Economic Activity for Medical Physicians, Naturopaths, Homeopaths, and the Health Industry keeps booming. No matter what, out of naivety such people end up in "Saleep-istan" (Shahre khamoshan) on a much faster track, where the loved ones are already sleeping permamnantly.
Research shows: While sleeping, body of the living being produces extra protein molecules to provide safety against infection. These molecules empower the immune system to maintain cellular level against pollutants and infectious bacteria. Sound sleep eases the constant pressure on cardiovascular system by eliminating or minimizing levels of stress and inflammation in the body. With adequate sleep, blood pressure and cholesterol levels stay under control.
High blood pressure can be life threatening and  can produce wear and tear of the body leading to degenerate cells and speed up the aging process. Furthermore, adequate sleep slows the bad effects and encourages a state of relaxation and allows the brain to better process new experiences and knowledge. Thus, it helps to improve understanding and enhance retention. It helps regulate the hormones that affect and control appetite.
On the contrary, when body is deprived of sleep, the normal hormone balances are interrupted and the appetite increases. In fact, increase in appetite doesn't lead to a craving for fruits and veggies, but foods high in calories, fats, and carbohydrates are usually consumed.
Therefore, people with ‘sleep apnea’ and ‘disrupted breathing’ during sleep are more than twice as likely to develop mild thinking problems or Dementia compared to problem-free sleepers.
And daytime-sleep may dwindle memory and thinking skills, known as cognitive decline that particularly happens with older people.
Also, inadequate sleep leads to problems of judgment, mood, and ability to learn and retain information.
Proper sleep at night is vital for the longevity of life with better quality.  
Most adults need seven to eight hours a night but it varies from person to person. Some people may need 5 hours per night whereas others may need up to nine or ten hours of sleep for proper functioning.

During sleep, it’s a stress free environment which is absolutely vital for improving memory, control body weight issues, giving increased energy & productivity, improving heart & immune system health, giving a pleasant mood, and a longer life - of course.

Let's think about it, before it’s too late.

30 comments:

Irfanuddin said...

Tariq bhai,
in this fast life when most of us are into a blind race to get every thing in the minimum time, there is very less time with us to even sleep stress-free....

but your post will certainly make your readers to think about it and do something so that they can have a healthy life.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this very important subject.

Crystal Hobbs said...

Dear Tariq, what an informative post on the importance of sleep. I think that we all just need to start taking better care of ourselves, eating right, exercising, turning off the cell phones, the laptops, the television, read more and get plenty of rest. You hit the nail on the head! Thank you for sharing! Gonna try to grab some more z's.. :)

TariqMian said...

Thank you Crystal for coming by. I thought maybe I lost you to Google+ which I find hard to get into.
Is there any other method to respond to your posts. How about face book or twitter?

TariqMian said...

And thank u IRFAN ji.
I really appreciate your comment.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aliza said...

A very thought stirring post. I appreciate your attempt to enlighten the society.. would totally try to grab some more sleep from tonight :)

http://alyzaanees.blogspot.com/

Crystal Hobbs said...

Tariq! I just found out just five minutes ago that you couldn't comment on my posts! I'm not sure exactly where this went wrong.. I've been on google plus for a while but recently, I switched my security settings out of fear but then I had to switch them back because NO ONE Could see! I think I may have scared a few! Can you see my posts at all? I desperately need to get this figured out big time! You are my friend and I do not wish to shut you out!

Crystal said...

Tariq, if at all possible could you let you know if you can comment on my posts again? I switched to a limited blogger profile, this may have deleted my google plus account.. I'm not sure! Please know I am trying to get this resolved!

TariqMian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TariqMian said...

thanks crystal! I got it.

TariqMian said...

thank U Aliza for leaving a wonderful comment.
I would surely visit your blog too.

Pari said...

thought provoking read!
we all need good nite rest for quality of living.

Anonymous said...

Never waste any time you can spend sleeping.

leo said...

Very important and informative post.
sleep is better to chat late night on cell or net. Healthy body has healthy mind. Keep visiting my blog.

R. Ramesh said...

wah super post bhaiyaji..there is nothing like a good sleep na..heyy funnily i was thinking..if only v all humans r just supposed to sleep all the time.how sweet na..no fights no arguments no babies hahaha

tm said...

Ramesh bhayya,
yes byayya ji good sleep is a blessing.

tm said...

LEO,
Of course, sleep is needed for the good health of body and mind.

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Excellent post.

It is a bit more complicated for night shift workers though...

Anna :o]

TariqMian said...

@hyperCRYTICal,
night shift-- better be avoided

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What if i created a blog with the same name as other blog accidentally? is that legal?

Anonymous said...

{I've been a sleep apnea {sufferer|patient} for {years|some time|a number of years|some years|a long time} now and {I'll|I
will|I} look at {just about|nearly|almost|practically} {anything|everything} to
{help|assist|aid} me in my CPAP {journey|treatment|therapy}.
{Thanks!|Thanks.|Thanks much.|Danke|Gracias!
}
{{Check out|Stop by|Visit|Review|Take a look at|Have a look at|Look at|Look into} my|My|Here is my|Also visit my|Feel free to {visit|surf} my} {web page|web site|website|webpage|site|page|blog|homepage|web-site|weblog|web blog|blog post} {:|::|;|-|...|} cpap suppliers

Tomjilh said...

thought provoking read! we all need good nite rest for quality of living.

Anonymous said...

It's awesome to go to see this web site and reading the views of all mates concerning this paragraph, while I am also zealous of getting knowledge.

Feel free to visit my website shumma.com.mx

Anonymous said...

hi!,I love your writing very much! proportion we be
in contact extra approximately your post on AOL?
I need an expert in this area to solve my problem.

May be that's you! Having a look forward to look you.

my site ... ace hardware hammock philippines products list

Anonymous said...

Нi, after readіng this rеmаrkable ρaгagгaph і аm also glaԁ to shaгe
my fаmiliarity hеre wіth
collеaguеs.

Hеrе is my website; hсg diet ԁгoρs (consumerresearchnews.co.uk)

Anonymous said...

Do you hаve а sρam problem on this site; I alsο am a blοgger, and I was curious about your situation; we
hаvе created some niсe practіces and we are looκing tο
eхchange techniques with othеrѕ, be
ѕure to shoot me an e-maіl іf іnterested.



Ϻy blοg ρoѕt ... organic green coffee beans for sale

Anonymous said...

This iѕ vеry interesting, You are a veгу skilleԁ bloggеr.
I have joinеd your fеed and lοоk forωard to sеeking moгe
of youг magnіficent post. Alѕo, I have shaгed уοur ωeb site in
my soсіal netwогks!

Reviеw my web ρage - sportsbet

Tariq.MJ said...

.

Tariq.MJ said...

++++++++++++++++==================================================================================================================================================================================================00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyiuujkmlkpok.,kljum,mnhctb t,;lolpffcs hyguhuim,; lojok;l fgyy lop m

search

About Images

Some pictures/images in this blog belong to their respective copyright-holders; hence remain on this non-profit Web page -subject to the discretion of the original owners.